16 Jan How can you tell if your Products are Organic?
There is so much confusion and conversation about organic beauty products. Kimberly Sayer clarifies what a true organic product is and what to avoid when using any products.
“Organic” means working with nature, not against it. Organic Beauty is the formulation of cosmetic products using organically farmed ingredients. These ingredients are grown without the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), herbicides, synthetic fertilizers and more.
Certified organic beauty products go one step further:
- NO animal testing
- NO GMOs
- NO controversial chemicals
- NO parabens and phthalates
- NO synthetic colors, dyes or fragrances
- NO nano particles
And more importantly, say:
- YES to higher levels of antioxidants
- YES to sustainably sourced and local organic ingredients
- YES to transparent manufacturing processes
- YES to biodegradable ingredients and biodynamic harvesing
- YES to minimal packaging with maximum recycled content
- YES to protecting wildlife and biodiversity